What is covered
NOTE: This is a general guide to Mazda warranty coverage and the warranty coverage can vary between Mazda models or could be different between model years. Always refer to your warranty information booklet for the exact warranty coverage on your vehicle. While we strive to maintain this web site information accurately and without errors, the terms and conditions outlined in the warranty information booklet will prevail.
Mazda warrants that your new Mazda Vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions. A Mazda Dealer will make necessary repairs, using new or remanufactured parts, to correct any problem covered by this warranty without charge to you.
Basic Coverage Period
2015 Model Year and Newer*:
Any component of a Mazda Vehicle is covered for 36 months/unlimited kilometres from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Mazda Vehicle.
2000–2014 Model Years:
Any component of a Mazda Vehicle is covered for 36 months or 80,000 kilometres, whichever comes first, from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Mazda Vehicle.
The items specified below are covered for periods different from the basic coverage:
2015 Model Year and Newer:
Service adjustments, that is, minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts, are covered for the first 12 months/unlimited kilometres.
2000–2014 Model Years:
Service adjustments, that is, minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts, are covered for the first 12 months or 20,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
NOTE: Adjustments required to conform to a province-approved emission short test are subject to the applicable emission warranty coverage.
Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometrage. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
Original Equipment Battery
2015 Model Year:
Fully covered within basic warranty period of 36 months/unlimited kilometres.
2014 or Previous Model Year Mazda Vehicles:
The originally equipped battery is fully covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometrage. After 12 months but within 24 months, 50% of the replacement battery's suggested retail price will be your responsibility. After 24 months but within 36 months, 75% of the replacement battery's suggested retail price will be your responsibility. The rest, including labour charge, is covered by Mazda.
Customer Pays Mazda Pays Customer Pays Mazda Pays
0% 100% 0% 100%
50% 50% 0% 100%
75% 25% 0% 100%
Mazda Added Protection (MAP)
Additional Mechanical Repair Protection is available through your authorized Mazda dealer. Ask for details. Please see the MAP section to determine which plan is best for you.
Mazda's Roadside Assistance Program provides emergency assistance for your Mazda Vehicle during the 3-year limited warranty period. If you purchase a MAP plan, Mazda's Roadside Assistance Program will cover you for the duration of the MAP plan. Towing will be provided to the nearest authorized Mazda Dealer. Please refer to the Mazda Roadside Assistance Brochure for specific program information or call the nearest Mazda dealer to request towing assistance.
This warranty is applicable to Mazda Vehicles registered and normally operated in Canada. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferable to subsequent owners. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact your Mazda dealer for assistance.
What is not covered
Factors Beyond the Manufacturer's Control
- Misuse of the Mazda Vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, snowplowing, etc. (Proper usage is described in your owner's manual.)
- Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc.
- Alteration, modification, tampering, etc.
- If the vehicle has been classified a total loss and/or sold for salvage purposes or branded for any other reasons.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as: Acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other natural disasters.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Removal of the vehicle from the warranty-applicable market for which it was produced.
Damage Due to Lack of Maintenance or the Use of Wrong Fuel, Oil or Lubricants
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner's Manual. (Failure to properly maintain your vehicle can result in your warranty being voided either in whole or in part.)
- Improper maintenance, the use of other than specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owner's Manual.
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, deformation, blur, etc.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Mazda Vehicle.
Maintenance Is at Owner's Expense
- Normal maintenance services such as cleaning and polishing, lubrication and replenishment or replacement of oil, fluid, coolant, worn wiper blades, filters, worn brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, fuses, keyless transmitter batteries, etc.
- Maintenance services described as "Scheduled Maintenance Services," "Owner Maintenance Services" or "Appearance Care" in your Owner's Manual.
- Any repair of a Mazda Vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance travelled cannot be readily determined.
- (When replacing the speedometer, the "Speedometer Replacement Record" in the warranty Information Booklet must be filled in by a Mazda Dealer.)
Extra Expenses and Damages
- Any financial loss, for example: due to loss of use of Mazda Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and any other expenses or damages.
- Tires are warranted by the tire manufacturers. Refer to the tire warranty pamphlets provided with your Mazda Vehicle for details.
You are responsible for properly operating and maintaining your Mazda Vehicle in accordance with the instructions and maintenance schedule described in your Owner's Manual.
You should retain maintenance records since it may be necessary in some instances for you to show that the required maintenance has been performed. The "Scheduled Maintenance Record" in your Warranty Information Booklet should be filled in when scheduled maintenance is performed. Keep all receipts and make them available in case questions about maintenance arise.
To Get Warranty Service
You must take your Mazda Vehicle, along with the warranty booklet supplied with the vehicle upon delivery, to a Mazda dealer in Canada or the United States during normal service hours and prior to the expiration of the warranty period. While any Mazda Dealer will perform warranty service, Mazda recommends that you return to the dealership where you purchased your Mazda Vehicle because you have already established a relationship with them.
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding this warranty, please contact your Mazda dealer.
The liability of Mazda under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of parts defective in Mazda-supplied material, or workmanship by a Mazda dealer at its place of business. Specifically, it does not include any expense of or payment for loss of use of the Mazda Vehicle during warranty repairs.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from province to province.
All Implied Warranties, including but not limited to any regarding marketability or fitness for a particular purpose, are limited respectively to the duration of this warranty.
Some provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
†MAZDA UNLIMITED refers only to an unlimited mileage warranty program under the terms of which there are no mileage limitations on the following specific Mazda warranties: (i) 3-year new vehicle; (ii) 3-year roadside assistance; (iii) 5-year powertrain; and (iv) 7-year anti-perforation. MAZDA UNLIMITED is applicable only to 2015 and later models. All Mazda warranties remain subject to the terms, limitations and restrictions available at mazdaunlimited.ca.