WHAT IS COVERED
Note: This is a general guide to Mazda warranty coverage and the warranty coverage can vary between Mazda models or could be different between model years. Always refer to your warranty information booklet for the exact warranty coverage on your vehicle. While we strive to maintain this web site information accurately and without errors the terms and conditions outlined in the warranty information booklet will prevail.
Mazda warrants that your new Mazda Vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions. A Mazda Dealer will make necessary repairs, using new or remanufactured parts, to correct any problem covered by this warranty without charge to you.
Basic Coverage Period
All Mazda vehicles except B-Series:
Any component of your Mazda Vehicle deemed defective is covered for 36 months or 80,000 km, whichever comes first, from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Mazda Vehicle.
Mazda B-Series Truck
Any component of your Mazda Vehicle deemed defective is covered for 36 months or 60,000 km, whichever comes first, from the earlier date of either retail delivery or first use of the Mazda Vehicle.
The items specified below are covered for periods different from the basic coverage:
Service adjustment is covered for the first 12 months or 20,000 km, whichever comes first. Service adjustment means minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts, such as wheel balance and alignment, tension adjustment of automatic transmission throttle cable and V-belt, fitting of engine hood, trunk lid, or rear hatch, etc.
NOTE: Adjustments required to conform to a province-approved emission short test, are subject to the applicable emission warranty coverage.
Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge
Air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometrage. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
Original Equipment Battery
All Mazda vehicles except B-Series:
The originally equipped battery is fully covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometrage. After 12 months but within 24 months, 50% of the replacement battery's suggested retail price will be your responsibility. After 24 months but within 36 months, 75% of the replacement battery's suggested retail price will be your responsibility. The rest, including labor charge, is covered by Mazda.
Mazda B-Series Truck
The originally equipped battery is covered for 36 months or 60,000 km, whichever comes first.
2015 or Newer Mazda Vehicles:
The originally equipped battery is covered for 36 months or 80,000 km, whichever occurs first.
Mazda Added Protection (MAP)
Additional Mechanical Repair Protection is available through your authorized Mazda dealer. Ask for details. Please see the MAP section to determine which plan is best for you.
Mazda's Roadside Assistance Program provides emergency assistance for your Mazda Vehicle during the 3 years limited warranty period. If you purchase a MAP plan Mazda's Roadside Assistance Program will cover you for the duration of the MAP plan. Towing will be provided to the nearest authorized Mazda Dealer. Please refer to the Mazda Roadside Assistance Brochure for specific program information or call the nearest Mazda Dealer to request towing assistance.
This warranty is applicable to Mazda Vehicles registered and normally operated in Canada. During the warranty period, this warranty is transferable to subsequent owners. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact your Mazda Dealer for assistance.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Factors Beyond the Manufacturer's Control
- Misuse of the Mazda Vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, snowplowing, etc. (Proper usage is described in your owner's manual.)
- Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot, etc.
- Alteration, modification, tampering, etc.
- If the vehicle has been classified a total loss and/or sold for salvage purposes or branded for any other reasons.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as: Acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc.), salt, road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other natural disasters.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
- Removal of the vehicle from the warranty-applicable market for which it was produced.
Damage Due to Lack of Maintenance or the Use of Wrong Fuel, Oil or Lubricants
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in your Owner's Manual. (Failure to properly maintain your vehicle can result in your warranty being voided either in whole or in part.)
- Improper maintenance, the use of other than specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owner's Manual.
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discoloration, fading, deformation, blur, etc.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Mazda Vehicle.
Maintenance is at Owner's Expense
- Normal maintenance services such as cleaning and polishing, lubrication, and replenishment or replacement of oil, fluid, coolant, worn wiper blades, filters, worn brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, fuses, keyless transmitter batteries, etc.
- Maintenance services described as "Scheduled Maintenance Services", "Owner Maintenance Services" or "Appearance Care" in your Owner's Manual.
- Any repair of a Mazda Vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual distance traveled cannot be readily determined.
- (When replacing the speedometer, the "Speedometer Replacement Record" in the warranty Information Booklet must be filled in by a Mazda Dealer.)
Extra Expenses and Damages
- Any financial loss, for example: due to loss of use of Mazda Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and any other expenses or damages.
- Tires are warranted by the tire manufacturers. Refer to the tire warranty pamphlets provided with your Mazda vehicle for details.